2011/9/21 Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com>:
So I reckon we might be better off modifying
StringRangeEnumerator::getRangesFromString to always clear its page
vector argument, and then its probably worth being more forgiving and
output what valid ranges in the text can be extracted before the
invalid chars are seen.

So "1-5junk" ends up always equivalent to 1-5 (if the return code is
ignored) and "junk" is equivalent to 0.

But what about of my original patch for now?

What do you think about
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5a0e780d8a4194c812f436a2362098202fcfa29e
?, does that make things consistent without any obvious problems ?

C.

Ok! Problems with incorrect pasting eliminated. But one problem still exists...
If in brochure mode we input range, that is incorrect at all (e.g.
"foo") or starts with illegal characters (e.g. "foo1-4"), previous
range will be lost. I still think we should not make any changes to
"rData" parameter of SwDoc::CalculatePagePairsForProspectPrinting
until all checks "if ( ... ) return;" had passed.