Hi Lionel
On 17/08/11 19:02, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 09:48:04AM +0100, Noel Power wrote:
On 16/08/11 17:32, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
I did now. Reproduced there, but someone (you?) pushed my patch so *now* one cannot reproduce it anymore. I also took the liberty of adding you to the CC list for the bug. I did not go as far as assigning it to you ;-)
yes, I reproduced it too, the key point was you need to use the Tools | Macros | RunMacro, I was using Tools | Macros | Organise Macros | Libreoffice Basic. And yes, I did push the fix to master and the 3.4 branch, did you see the message ( in this thread ) with subject "[PUSHED] - cherrypick to 3.4.2 Base fdo#40079 "file / save (as)" inoperant" note: 3.4.2 is wrong and is corrected later in the mail spew.
Which leads me to another bug: If I remove the librarie's only dialog
and save, I restart LO, I reopen the file again, the dialog is
back.
probably worth opening another bug for that then, anyway, lets look
at one thing at a time ( otherwise I will get depressed )
Fixed (by me) in master.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=caee685234e87a4509c9aec4f04813714bfaf93d ? not sure about this, I would like to know why this seems to work outside of base :/ I will try and see
My testing shows that
SfxDialogLibraryContainer::storeLibrariesToStorage aborts at the
same place for a calc document (an exception is raised), but this
does not abort the save. Thus, logically, in the conditions where
this bug shows up, Calc looses the embedded images
Fixed (by me) in master for calc and writer, commit
7f3a944146879d2f0e6ee3f69cf721eb14f18689. I notice that calc and
writer have the good sense of displaying an error message when an
exception is raised during save. That's better than Base, that just
silently aborts the save with no error message.

However, calc seems to get very confused and disables (greys out) the
save, close file, quit application, etc features :-|
then it might be an idea to back out that commit, it appears the exception here isn't really handled, I think the exception is caught ( and ignored ) previously precisely because nothing really can be done ( or at least the calling code lacks the brains to handle the exception ). This isn't unusual in libreoffice code, sad but true and especially true when saving. imo a document that has lost possibly some basic related changes is preferable to an inoperable document and of course the particular scenario triggering this should no longer be an issue right ?

Noel