On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 19:29 +0200, Xisco Faulí wrote:
Thank you for pointing out this file but I don't really understand how
it works.
The wizard is called here :
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/WriterCommands.xcu#441
 where MailMergeWizard is the service register in Writer.xcu (
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Writer.xcu#30
 ) but then

I the case of mailmerge the thing that the menus calls then goes on to
call the mailmerge service, so the menus don't call it directly.

I imagine your example to call a python service directly from the menus
is correct, except that the service you want to call needs to be
registered first.

how libo knows that this service refers to mailmerge.py ?

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/scripting/source/pyprov/mailmerge.component
is the magic bit which connects uses of the
"com.sun.star.mail.MailServiceProvider" service to the mailmerge.py
implementation. With these .component files

I imagine that if you basically opengrok for mailmerge.py and
mailmerge.component and follow the same pattern for your one that it'll
get you a lot closer.

Your current code is in a feature branch ?, which one ?

C.