On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 19:02 +0200, Xisco Faulí wrote:
Hello everybody,

before I merge the gsoc branch into master I'd like to integrate the
python code into libo and get rid of the java code.
I know i have to edit this file
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu
 but i can't figure out how to call the python code.  I've tried to call this file
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/pyuno/demo/hello_world_comp.py using this value:
<value>service:org.openoffice.comp.pyuno.demo.HelloWorld?insert</value> but it doesn't work. Any
idea ?

Perhaps hello_world_comp.py isn't registered as a service ?

Did you look at how the mailmerge.py example is installed ?, i.e.
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=mailmerge.py for a python
component which is bundled into LibreOffice.

You may have to do pretty much the same thing for it be available via
service:...?foo out-of-the-box. There's some preamble at the top of
mailmerge.py about how to manually register that component for testing
purposes, which is probably the archaic way to do it these-days, but
probably still works.

C.