On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:13:17 -0400
Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida@novell.com> wrote:

Yup, having a wiki page to collect our thoughts would be a great idea.
While we are talking about re-designing our API, I would also like to
reduce the use of UNO API in the core implementation code, which have
time and time again caused all sorts of performance issues,
over-complicating code, and made the code unbelievably hard to trace.
IMO there are places where we shouldn't have used UNO API at all, and
I'd like to keep clean separation between the core code and the API
layer (so that the core code won't depend on the API to do its thing
too much).

Here is a Wikipage for that:

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/DUE

since everything should have a nifty name to gain traction, I gave this
one the working title DUE. If you have a pet hate about our current
state that would require an incompatible change, feel free to add and
discuss it on that page. Please also note, nothing on that page is a
planned or an official goal currently. It is for brainstorming and
collecting all the issues that need to be investigated.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen