I am the author of a tool called unoconv. It's a tool that uses the pyuno bindings to allow non-interactive conversions using OpenOffice import/export filters.

    http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/

I plan to support and track LibreOffice development in the future, but I currently am having difficulties using the provided python binary and the provided pyuno.so.

As you can see from the following test:

    [dag@moria unoconv]$ /opt/libreoffice/basis-link/program/python.bin -c 'import sys; sys.path.insert(0,
"/opt/libreoffice/basis-link/program"); import uno'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/opt/libreoffice/basis-link/program/uno.py", line 29, in <module>
        import pyuno
    SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly

Since some of my users complain about having difficulties making unoconv work because they use the distribution's native python with the OpenOffice/LibreOffice pyuno.so, I have started to implement a work-around. Unoconv now searches for a matching python binary and execv()'s that one instead.

This should work, but doesn't on my own RHEL6 test-system using the latest LibreOffice 3.3.2 release (64bit RPM). Is it possible this is a mistake with the release ? Because it doesn't seem to work manually either :-(

PS If there is a better venue for this question, I'd like to know. Because apart from this problem, we have identified many bugs in import and export filters (both coredumps as well as programming errors) that we can demonstrate with both LibreOffice as well as OpenOffice. I would like to document where to report such problems.

Thanks in advance,
--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, info@dagit.net, http://dagit.net/