2011.03.26. 9:17 keltezéssel, Francois Tigeot írta:
Hi,

I'm doing my LibreOffice builds in a chroot with no java version installed
and with --without-java passed to autogen.sh (platform is Unix, not Windows)

I was quite surprised to see something was trying to run a 'java' executable
and failed.
Since the build output wasn't very useful, I created a fake java binary to
determine the culprit.

The java invocation is in a shell script:

  l10ntools/java/jpropex/jpropex

There was a test to determine if JAVA_HOME was empty but this test is invalid:
with the current code, JAVA_HOME is set to NO_JAVA_HOME when the build is
configured without java.

The exact code the script is trying to run is this line:

exec java -DSOLARSRC=${SOLARSRC} -DWORK_STAMP=${WORK_STAMP} -DUSE_SHELL=  -jar
${SOLARVER}/${INPATH}/bin${UPDMINOREXT}/jpropex.jar "$@"

This 'jpropex' shell script is not directly run by the build system, it is
called from a binary created from l10ntools/source/localize.cxx

I've no idea what exactly this code is trying to do.

It was certainly activated at the same time as the new gbuild system, I can't
be 100% sure about the date, previous build failures masked it until recently.

Could someone knowledgeable about the l10ntools module shed some light on
this ? I'm pretty sure this hard-coded call to a 'java' executable is a bug
but I don't know enough about the implications to disable it yet.

I disabled jpropex in localize.cxx. It tries to extract localizable
strings from .properties files but currently we don't have any
localizable .properties files in LibreOffice source code. So it is
pretty useless.

Best regards,
Andras