On 02/02/11 11:22, Jesús Corrius wrote:
Finally the cherry on the top of the cake:  in addition to the included
dictionaries (English is included as default but others can probably be
added) you have an option to download other dictionaries during installation
(although you can also add them on the fly at any time after installation)

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n2404563/dictionaries.png

I think this is the best installer possible.
LibreOffice is distributed in a CD-ROM in places where is no internet
connection (yes, they still exist) so it's good if the diccionaries
are not downloaded but are bundled in the installer.

Bit more work, but can we provide two installers?

Installer (a) is a tiny download that then pulls everything it needs
from the net.

Installer (b) is a kitchen sink installer that contains everything.

I've built a couple of SuSE systems recently, and they use that
principle - a net install CD that's a couple of hundred meg, or an
offline install that's a full 4.7Gb DVD.

That way we satisfy both camps, and also nobody gets any nasty surprises
- as always it's the principle of least shock...

Cheers,
Wol