On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 10:47:38AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

      Shouldn't be impossibly hard to add some simple filtering to that for
built-in / bundled extensions that would hide most of them from people
and default to not showing bundled extensions.

      I'll add an easy hack for it if no-one jumps onto it.

Well, I wanted to but never got to it... If someone beats me to it,
it's just as well :)

To add some background: we have 3 types of extensions

1. user: installed by user and only visible for him. Residing in
   $UserInstallation/user/uno_packages (e.g.,
   ~/.libreoffice/3/user/uno_packages).

2. shared: installed by administrator for all users. Residing in
   $BRAND_BASE_DIR/share/uno_packages (e.g.,
   /usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/uno_packages).

These two types were available before 3.3.

3. bundled: installed by installer/package manager. Residing in
   $BRAND_BASE_DIR/share/extensions (e.g.,
   /usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/extensions).

User/shared extensions must be manipulated by special tool (either
unopkg or the extension manager), whereas bundled extesions are
"installed" just by unpacking into the extension dir. Also, bundled
extensions _cannot_ be removed from the extension manager.

Given that, I think it is sensible not to display bundled extensions by
default. But do we want higher granularity? I.e., should the filter be
like

Show: (o) user + shared   ( ) all

or

Show: [x] user  [x] shared  [ ] bundled

? It might not be clear to the user what the difference between shared
and bundled extension is...

D.