Hi Pierre,

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 00:15 +0100, Pierre-André Jacquod wrote:
The filter, despite write is not usable (no export). ...
So ideally could it be: not export, READONLY and pop-up ?? :- /
I'd still prefer not to set the read-only flag if possible, it is a

After playing a bit, I agree, and I think it will be possible to handle
that in a proper way.

Just stupid question: should a warning pop-up really be set ?

        Not if it causes some an ugly nastiness :-)

Finally, making the binfilter import only (i.e without export / write
functionality) is a shared property of ALL file formats which (would not
have) / have not the EXPORT flag set. Nothing to do with legacy or not...

        True.

I found a place to put such a pop-up (but I think this is quite a dirty
place):

        :-)

        Personally, I think we can avoid this. Anyone expecting to save in this
ten+ year old, shocking format is deranged anyway, so there is not much
we can do to help them with dialogs I suspect :-)

        So - if we drop that; where are we at ? :-) If we can load the file,
edit it, and hit 'save as' (without having to click the "get me out of !
#$#$%#%ing read-only-mode" button) I'm thrilled, lets merge it and start
write specific ripping junk out of the binfilter code :-)

        Thanks !

                Michael.