May I point you to the crazy idea "Add WordPerfect features like
RevealCodes and HiddenText" [1]

Also see the therein referenced OOo bug. It's been requested in 2002
and always dismissed with the answer "learn to use styles" *sigh*.

Just my 2 cents.

Philipp

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Crazy_Ideas#Add_WordPerfect_features_like_RevealCodes_and_HiddenText