On 01/12/10 19:13, Wols Lists wrote:
Have we lost a patch somewhere? Just trashed my old development
directory by mistake :-) so I'm trying to follow the new download and
build instructions. ./autogen.sh bombs as follows ...

checking whether to enable EPM for packing... yes
checking for epm... no
EPM will be built.
checking which package format to use... rpm
checking for rpm... configure: error: not found
anthony@ashdown ~/gitstuff/loffice $

I thought we'd hit this problem before but I can't find it in my email
archive.

As an aside, I thought autogen retrieved its old arguments from
config.log if you didn't give it any. Does this happen now? I cheated
and copied my old config.log across but it didn't seem to use it ...

Cheers,
Wol

I'm now well stuffed :-( Tried to follow the instructions for upgrading
my old development directory and that's now stuck in a loop of "the
build process has changed. You need to run autogen.sh and download". So
I do, run make, and "the build process has changed ..." Argh!

Anyways, for a new download ... this is obviously the code in configure
that is kicking me out. I just don't understand what it's doing ...

And just before there's some comment about gentoo - of course - I'm
running gentoo!

(And as an aside, yes it does seem to be reusing the old arguments :-)

Cheers,
Wol

      for a in "$RPM" rpmbuild rpm; do
         $a --usage >/dev/null 2> /dev/null