On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 10:08 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
So, the question is, where's /usr/lib coming from in the ENABLE_KDE
case, and can it be stuffed to the *end* of the compiler line and not
the start. I don't build against KDE, but I guess I could make an
exception for once and go see this for myself.

KDE_LIBS is created in configure.in and a few convoluted routes into it
add one or more -L/usr/lib to it.

vcl/util/makefile.mk prepended KDE_LIBS to the compile line, I've now
tweaked it to append KDE_LIBS to it instead and pushed that change.

Not sure why it was prepended in the first place, so something else
horrible might happen, but for the moment at least I reckon that should
be the end of the "segmentation fault in vcl" problem on Ubuntu and
friends.

C.