[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:40:17 +0100
- To: Miguel Mayol <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LibO Design <email@example.com>
While the idea of the Notebookbar is exactly this, to provide completely different UIs, I doubt we can make Base "a variant of Calc“. But you are very welcome to draft the idea or implement yourself (should be possible for everyone who uses mailing lists).
> Am 07.02.2019 um 21:26 schrieb Miguel Mayol <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> I had today a idea i think is a very good one:
> One interface option - better if it is the default one - in LO BASE equal to the CALC one
> The reason is that people are using EXCEL for databases
> because they do not know
> because they have the cheaper version of MSO without Access
> and because they think it is "easier"
> Doing this and a promo viral video that shows that it is
> - as easy as a spreadsheet to insert and show data
> - and as powerful as a database to deal with it,
> especially addressed to university professors and PhD students, probably would increase a lot the use of BASE in substitution of MS Excel for managing databases, and the use of other components of LibreOffice.
> I went to bugzilla, but I was not able to log in, so sorry, but as I only collaborate with suggestions, I did not want this one that I think is great, and probably very easy to implement, to pass by.
> I remembered an old database named FileMaker that was very easy to use because it had a interface near to what a spreadsheet is.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)||Pedro Rosmaninho <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)||Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Feb-06
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Feb-06 (Wed)