On 13.05.22 19:10, Eyal Rozenberg wrote:
That's bells and whistles.
You can activate the RSS feed or receive a digest email.
Maybe I block all shiny things but the UI looks quite plain to me.

TBH though, I haven't seen what the LO discourse looks like, so
theoretically you may have turned some of them off - though I doubt it.
Haven't seen myself.

Replacing the _list archives_? Surely, you jest. That's like saying a...
say, karaoke bar is a "modern front-end replacing the classic library".
Not sure about listarchive but in the past we had Nabble to store and search messages sent to the ML. It has been retired and is replaced now by Discourse.
It is also used for https://ask.libreoffice.org/

How was that discussion open? I'm on 3 LO-related channels and nobody
informed any of them that such a discussion was taking place.

Some search results:

https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/2018/msg00322.html
https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/2020/msg00116.html

https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/msg02773.html
https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/msg02909.html

https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2952

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: heiko.tietze@documentfoundation.org