Hi all,

I was wondering if you had any thoughts on my proposal to remove the
LibreOffice splash screen.

The key argument is:
 * Most other apps aren't using splash screens anymore.  None of the
other apps on my Ubuntu desktop have splashscreens
 * LibreOffice has gotten faster.   It starts faster than Firefox in my tests.

Additionally:
 * It's a reminder of what tool you are using.  For users who don't
like LibreOffice this can cause a negative feedback loop.  The reverse
also happens, which is good.  We have a lot of people converting to
LibreOffice and change is usually viewed negatively.
 * It feels like it takes longer.  Ask yourself which takes longer
LibreOffice or Firefox?  Then time it...

Kind regards,
Bryan

P.S.
I proposed removing all of oosplash (which does more than the splash
screen.. ) here: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/19086/2  which is
where I was referred to the design team.  I would make a new changeset
that just removes (or disables for starters) the splash screen.

There was no significant difference in my tests of stock vs --nologo.
 There might be up to a 1 second saving, or more likely I can't use a
stopwatch reliably enough.. for <1 second precision.