Hi Keith,

good to see some movement on the UI.
There's already a funding campaign for a new UI in LibreOffice: http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/175/new-libreoffice-ui

Concerning the choice of the toolkit: PyGTK is dead, you should use PyGObject which also supports GTK 3: https://live.gnome.org/PyGObject

ATB,
Samuel

Am 06.04.2013 01:30, schrieb Keith Curtis:
Hi all;

I've written a proposal for a new experimental UI for LibreOffice Writer:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:KeithCu

In a few weeks Matúš Kukan will have an empty Python prototype ready
to be filled in.

After that, it becomes a question of what it should look like. The
bitmap I included on the wiki page was just some pretty example I dug
up on the web, but I could imagine others, including perhaps one that
is on the top rather than the side. Anything you guys can draw could
be mostly implemented in a few months (assuming one person full-time)
in Python. No one is signed up to hack on that yet, Matúš is just
making an empty toolbar, but it needs a bitmap first anyway.

It would be nice to get a more official "next-gen" UI Writer design.
Do you guys have one?

Kind regards,

-Keith