Hi Axel, Emir Yâsin, All,

You're right, having the possibility to contrast  the icons is a good
think. What we could do, keeping the color coded style, is having basic
color as the same warm grey for each icon, and the importants elements of
the icon colored. Exemple : take the proposal of landscape/portrait mode
here
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Flat_icon_set#Landscape_Mode.2C_Portrait_Mode.
Having the "old" orientaion in grey, and the new colored (following Mirek
colors, it would be old page grey, new page blue (colors idea here
http://clickortap.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/color.png). I will make an
exemple this evening, there I'm at the office and can't design anything.
But with all the icons being in svg, it should be really easy to do this
(change/add colors).

Then for the organisation. At the beginning of the flat icon set proposal,
it worked like this  :
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Flat_icon_set#Design_process.
I think it was quite a good organisation, except we should add that
skipping an icon and returning later should be considered as really
exceptionnal (or we will finis with hundreds of icons to return ...)

Emir, I don't know at all how retina displays work, but for sure, as the
icons are SVG, they are easily scalable, without being "blured". Maybe it
can be enough, this is something to test.

Kévin