Hi Astron,

Le 20/01/2013 02:02, Stefan Knorr a écrit :

sorry for the OT stuff here... this is just re: personas.
[...]

[1] Not really sure if that's the intended audience – but to me it seems
so, as "power users" would probably rather alter behaviour by installing
extensions than doing fancy things with their toolbar background. I
realise, I could be totally wrong here, though.

I also think that power users won't give a damn about that persona thingy and that the others won't even know it exists and if they do, won't use it either.

Since the idea has been introduced, I stood silent because, well, this is a thing of these days and I first fell rather ol'timer.

Still, my questions are these: do we *need* that functionality? What does it brings WRT software use? Wouldn't the devs be better employed fixing bugs rather than developing one more (useless?) functionality which would in turn bring more bugs? *Who* would use the personas apart from marketers?

BTW, I don't know anyone around me using Firefox and personas.

I don't want to rain on the party but my POV is that TDF shouldn't go that route at this moment because the usage/cost ratio seems very low to me.
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux