Hi Klaus,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <
ol@sophia-louise.de> wrote:

Hi Mirek, all,
Am 16.01.2013 12:45, schrieb Mirek M.:

 On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM, SteveBell <stevebell@gulli.com> wrote:

 Great news. So now that we have a deadline for contributions, what will
the
decision making process look like?

We'll make the decision on our weekly IRC chat (hence the firm deadline)
after careful deliberation.

I don't think that this is a good decision in spirit of community.
Even not about a new branding of our programme.
I'm e.g. not able to follow the IRC chat so you expel me (and maybe some
more) from this decision.

A decision by voting of community, by BoD (our officials) or by the
members of TDF will be ok.

Well, we've prolongued the submission time enough so that there's little
time left for a vote. That said, I'll talk about it with the regular
contributors and perhaps do a quick poll.

The problem with the last poll (and we gave plenty of time for that vote)
was that:
a) Only the splash screen of the winning submission was done. That meant
Astron had to volunteer his time and design the rest.
b) There was no way to downvote. A number of people complained about the
brightness of the winning splash. Fortunately, Astron had the wisdom to
tone it down (and use our actual branding colors in the process).
c) It was purely taste-based, without considering anything else (like the
additional work required afterwards).
d) It was on Google+ only, so it wasn't community-friendly. (Though, of
course, everyone was free to post their votes and comments to the mailing
list. That wasn't advertised, though.)

This time, it seems that, again, mostly splashes have been proposed, so
it's likely that additional effort required. That means that, ultimately,
the decision should rest with the people who can be counted on to do that
work on time and in shippable quality. Those tend to be the regular IRC
chat attendees, though if they don't attend, they'll be e-mailed. They'll
also be responsible for getting a license statement and having the new
branding included in LibreOffice.

However, that doesn't mean that the community won't be involved. We'll ask
for feedback and encourage people to use the mailing list, though a social
network comment will suffice as well. (This way, it'll be more open than
the last branding vote, as that was Google+ only.)
The final decision will take every one of those comments into account --
we'll do our best to remain objective. And even after that decision is
made, we'll ask for approval from the community.

P.S. The IRC chat schedule is adjustable, especially given that there are
basically only 3 or 4 regular attendees. If you'd like to attend, post the
times you're available. Or, if you'd like, I could create another Doodle
poll for the chat (the old one expired).