Thanks again for your answer Mirek ( I really had to know why ;))

Am 04.07.2012 00:27, schrieb Mirek M.:
Hi Florian,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Florian Reisinger <reisi007@gmail.com>wrote:

Hi and thanks for your answer, I will comment a lot ;)

Am 03.07.2012 17:56, schrieb Mirek M.:

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Mirek M. <mazelm@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi Florian,
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Florian Reisinger <reisi007@gmail.com
wrote:
  Hi!
I really don't know whether there had been any discussion in the past,
but I want to share 2 blogpost of mine to you. I really hope you like
that
ideas ;)

1. http://flosmind.wordpress.com/****2012/06/20/libreoffice-ui-****
prosposal/<http://flosmind.wordpress.com/**2012/06/20/libreoffice-ui-**prosposal/>
<http://flosmind.**wordpress.com/2012/06/20/**libreoffice-ui-prosposal/<http://flosmind.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/libreoffice-ui-prosposal/>
2.
http://flosmind.wordpress.com/****2012/07/02/libreoffice-ui-**<http://flosmind.wordpress.com/**2012/07/02/libreoffice-ui-**>
prosposal-2/<http://flosmind.**wordpress.com/2012/07/02/**
libreoffice-ui-prosposal-2/<http://flosmind.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/libreoffice-ui-prosposal-2/>
3.
http://flosmind.wordpress.com/****2012/07/02/libreoffice-ui-**<http://flosmind.wordpress.com/**2012/07/02/libreoffice-ui-**>
prosposal-2a/<http://flosmind.**wordpress.com/2012/07/02/**
libreoffice-ui-prosposal-2a/<http://flosmind.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/libreoffice-ui-prosposal-2a/>
It's funny -- a couple of years ago, I was thinking the exact same thing:
make a very flexible UI so anyone may customize the suite to their
liking. Over time, though, my ideas have evolved. I realized that simply
giving all the options does not make a good UI -- on the contrary, it
makes
the UI hard to maintain and opens up a door to various usability bugs
that
can arise from deep customization.

  You are, of course, right but my thoughts (at least to me) are not a "
giving everyone a bunch of options".
In fact the "Ribbon UI" can be created easily, because there are only 2
things missing:

We don't want to create a ribbon UI for a number of reasons. It has a
patent pending on it. It's bulky and non-standard. It's not touch-friendly.
And it can be aggravatingly complex and cluttered (just look at Windows 8's
Explorer).
Okay, I see the point.

Toolbars are touch-friendly. They're the cornerstone of most software UIs,
especially mobile UIs. They're easy to look through, easy to customize,
simple, and universal. If designed well, they can be incredibly powerful
without being bulky or cluttered.
+1

a) larger icons [Which should not be a blocker]
We do have a large icons mode.

b) The icons are ought to be arranged in a specivic area freely --> Maximum
on personalization; minimum afford ;)

We have this as well (under the "Customize..." dialog).

Hm, I wrote a manual about that and forgot it - sorry

The major change is, that the toolbars on the top are not displayed
anymore, which means that there should be no toolbar anymore [if someone is
just writing.]

I don't see how this is beneficial. Hiding commands goes against almost
every platform's HIG and also against our own design principles
(ux-discovery) [1].

Thanks for the link...
Maybe I just understand you wrong.

Most of the time a specific set of function are needed. So we have two
approaches:

a) Try to get the user to create a toolbar (toolbars) with the menus
he/she needs

I don't really understand this sentence. By "menus", do you mean commands?
I don't think there's the need for users to create custom toolbars most of
the time. The current toolbar layout isn't great but it's far from unusable.

Year it is "command"
This is now Ribbon specific and skipped (And some uncommented text is also skipped
[...]
[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Principles

--
Florian Reisinger