Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 10:40 +0200, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
I figured out
that the folder icons in our Tango theme are greyish while the ones from
the official Tango project are blue.

That's a misconception. Tango is an icon style, not an icon set. The
"official" set is a bit of a proof of concept, with extra-liberal
licensing applied so everyone can use it. Other Tango sets include for
instance, the Gnome 2 and Gnome 3 icon sets, as well as sets like
Tangerine etc.

Oh ok... than the grey folders are OK to me... the only problem is when
one wants to add a new folder type within that theme.

It's worth noting that the "official" set, much like the set we
inherited from Ooo, is currently unmaintained.

Not really good news...

Nevertheless, the grey (Tango, indeed) icons we currently ship look a
bit drab. So, yes, do go ahead and replace them.
I had (together with Alexander Wilms) a stab at our folder icons some
time earlier (you can see that work in the start center and the
toolbar Open icon), but I guess the icon just always turned out far
too dark. In any case, I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced by the
superior "official" set.

Well, I'm not really an artist, I'ld love to leave that rework to
someone else for choosing the right icon set to use then.

FYI I added some icon with that commit for the file picker:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=9d499f5f9edd01cf5c4dbb2bc7625b3c5d10757a

--
Cedric