Hi Mirek,

I don't remember seeing Daud, Michelr, or S.Gecko anywhere on the mailing

Rafael Daud was at the chat last week – without saying anything.

Oh, ok.

Saw that in the log...

Michel ... haven't heard anything either. S. Gecko's whiteboard has
been hijacked by Andrew anyway. So, I guess, Andrew should deal with
either radically cleaning it up or shelving it.

We need to determine the scope of the thing. Otherwise, the conversion went
well.

Sorry, what do you mean by the conversion went well..? Are we speaking
of the same whiteboard here?
I mean:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/MenuIdeas ...
which hasn't been converted yet.

Mirek, I guess it would be the best if you could pick anything that's
useful for a Hide the Status Bar whitebooard (as proposed by Kendy)
and shelve everything you can't use use under Whiteboards/Archive.

As I understand it, under Kendy's proposal, the status bar would still be
available under "View"  but just hidden by default. Therefore, a reordering
of the status bar still makes sense as a separate idea, but just shouldn't
be our top priority.

Of course, but most of the Paulo Jose's page is an analysis of what we
have. I think that would be quite useful to determine which of these
things we need even when the status bar is off by default, and which
we can live without.

Or do we want to dispense with the current status bar entirely? Perhaps
replace it with something more contextual, like Chrome and Firefox have
done?

I am absolutely not opposed to even removing the status bar completely
if there are other ways to keep the user informed about the things
that are relevant. For instance, lots of information could instead be
displayed within the rulers (like exact information about size and
location of objects).

Astron, on your "PropertiesButtonLayout" page, the summary should only
state the goal of your whiteboard, such as "Improve dialog usability". It
should be a single design-oriented goal and it shouldn't suggest the
solution (that's what the Proposal section is for).

Right. I'll reword that.

"Current state" should
be at the top of Relevant art.

Okay, yes.
I would make a case for it being at the top (it is kinda important to
know the status quo before reading through proposals), but it's late
already.

It's not at the top because it serves as inspiration for the new design.

Ah, well... is the inspirational value of the designs that we want to
replace really that high? Don't we rather want to analyse what the
mistakes were that were made before instead of trying to build
something very similar?

I agree. (I put the toolbar whiteboard in there since it was an old
whiteboard and belonged under HIG.)

Good. Sorry if that sounded harsh.

Astron.