Hi Mirek,

On 12 April 2012 22:49, Mirek M. <mazelm@gmail.com> wrote:
Just like last week, I'm not sure whether I'll be able to attend this chat,
and I hope one of you will take over as the moderator if there's need to.
Alex, Astron, you've been active in the chats so far as well as on the
mailing list, which makes you good candidates.

Hope you can make it. I should be able to be there.

To get B done, we need to contact some of the creators, as they can best
formulate what the original goal of the whiteboard was. Christoph Noack has
authored "DocumentCheck", "Calc Range Names", "Progress Indicators", and
"Find bar".

I would try to take care at least of Range Names. (Of course, only if
Christoph doesn't want to jump in here.)

I don't remember seeing Daud, Michelr, or S.Gecko anywhere on the mailing

Rafael Daud was at the chat last week – without saying anything.
Michel ... haven't heard anything either. S. Gecko's whiteboard has
been hijacked by Andrew anyway. So, I guess, Andrew should deal with
either radically cleaning it up or shelving it.

AFAIK, Paulo José is no longer active, so we also need to tweak "Writer
Status Bar Remaking".

Mirek, I guess it would be the best if you could pick anything that's
useful for a Hide the Status Bar whitebooard (as proposed by Kendy)
and shelve everything you can't use use under Whiteboards/Archive.

Astron, on your "PropertiesButtonLayout" page, the summary should only
state the goal of your whiteboard, such as "Improve dialog usability". It
should be a single design-oriented goal and it shouldn't suggest the
solution (that's what the Proposal section is for).

Right. I'll reword that.

"Current state" should
be at the top of Relevant art.

Okay, yes.
I would make a case for it being at the top (it is kinda important to
know the status quo before reading through proposals), but it's late
already.

We also need to figure out how we're going to shape our HIG.

I think we should start from some general ideas like [1] and then work
through the details. Note, how about any HIG starts with some sort of
ideological framework. At least we should not start from "how are we
going to work with toolbars?"... IMHO.

Good night.
Astron.

[1] http://www.useit.com/papers/heuristic/heuristic_list.html