Here's my take on the questions:

- Do we need recently-used colors? If yes, should they be shared across all
LibO modules, across a single LibO module, or apply only to the current
window?

No, I don't think we need recently-used colors. It would just add
unnecessary complexity.

- Do we want to go with AutoPreview? If yes, we'll need a rough
specification for that before we start with the color stuff (we need a
general spec for all who also want to implement AutoPreview).

Yes, I think we do, but I would leave it up to the developers. It won't
affect the UI of the picker or dialog, and it can be implemented later.

- Do we want to have something like Themes for the current document
(Theme: Color Palette is bound to the Document/Template and not to the
current application)?

That's not really the definition of themes. While themes do include a
variable color palette (i.e. changing a theme changes all the relative
colors the user used), they also include relative styles (so changing a
theme would change the look of all your headings, paragraphs, tables,
charts, etc.).

Themes would be useful, but they're a separate topic from color handling
and should be dealt with as such.

- Do we want to work on a new LibO specific color palette?

Yes, but, again, this is a separate topic.

- Do we need "structured" data for the color palette files? (Proposed Meta
Data: Name, Comment, Author, Date/Version; plus Name, color values for each
color).

I don't think so. There's no place in the UI for the comment, author, or
date, and I think letting users name every custom color would be
counterproductive.

- How should colors within a document but not available in the included
palettes be labeled? How will the user know that this is a "non-standard"
color? How does LibO set the name ("Color n", n=number)?

Document-specific colors should have their own section. They should be
labeled with their HEX value.