As part of converting the current whiteboards to follow the new whiteboard
template [1], I've removed the "Thoughts and Ideas" section from the color
handling whiteboard [2] and I'm putting some of its content here for all of
us to discuss:

- Do we need recently-used colors? If yes, should they be shared across all
LibO modules, across a single LibO module, or apply only to the current
window?
- Do we want to go with AutoPreview? If yes, we'll need a rough
specification for that before we start with the color stuff (we need a
general spec for all who also want to implement AutoPreview).
- Do we want to have something like Themes for the current document (Theme:
Color Palette is bound to the Document/Template and not to the current
application)?
- Do we want to work on a new LibO specific color palette?
- Do we need "structured" data for the color palette files? (Proposed Meta
Data: Name, Comment, Author, Date/Version; plus Name, color values for each
color).
- How should colors within a document but not available in the included
palettes be labeled? How will the user know that this is a "non-standard"
color? How does LibO set the name ("Color n", n=number)?

(The above are not my questions and I'll post my take on them in an answer
to this post.)

You're also welcome to add your own questions and thoughts, of course.
Also, if you have any reservations about the way the whiteboard was
tweaked, please speak up.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Whiteboard_Template
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Color_Handling