Hi Nik, all,

Nik schrieb:
Hi again,

So, after nearly half a day of fiddling with this I've uploaded a new
SVG which should be fine here;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/8/8e/ExtensionsLogo_Cleaned_110712NS.svg

It seems the problem I'm having with SVGs originates from the SVG LibO
logos on our branding page.
While that file passes W3C validation, Illustrator seems not to like
exporting any work created using the logos back to SVG.
I'm sure it's the logos because I stripped everything else out of
several test documents and only the logo alone returned an error.

In Inkscape it was really easy to replace the bitmap with the SVG (I used the one I stored on my HD - if it doesn't produce the errors in your Illustrator, I'll upload this one).

Please have a look if I didn't change positioning, opacity or shading.

So for now, I've included raster versions of the LibO logo in the file
above, feel free to replace with vector versions if you tinker with it.

While this took long enough to fix on this very simple file (there were
remnants of corrupt items in odd places), cleaning the Paper-case files
is not going to be as straightforward, because the shapes are embedded
everywhere across so many layers and in so many grouped objects. Bit of
a nightmare really.

And while I know this probably only affects me (probably one of the few
people not using Inkscape), I can't use the logo in any further files
without corrupting them if they need to be provided in SVG. Would I be
able to get an EPS copy of the logos off someone, so that I can try
translating them into Illustrator-friendly files? Sorry for the bother,
I'd rather be doing more productive stuff, but the logo is one of those
mandatory items and I can't keep giving people PNGs when we need vectors.

I created different versions of the contemporary TDF subline logo from the original file:

- Inkscape SVG

- Plain SVG

- Export to EPS
(the export options included a conversion of the filters to raster, so the result might not be the best...)

I sent a mail containing the three versions (with text as text or as path) to the test mailing list where we try out the new mail attachment service.

Via this link you will reach the attachments:
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/attachments/mail/ad5c5c08-699d-4c0c-9bc1-9b570139c52a/

Unfortunately the EPS versions have been stripped off, so I'll send them to Nik directly.

Best regards

Bernhard

Looks like the Paper-case will have to wait for a while now =(
I can't see me having any time in the near future to overhaul them.
Very sorry!