Christoph,

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 23:55 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:

Hi Jay, all!

Am Dienstag, den 26.04.2011, 18:22 -0400 schrieb planas:
Christoph, All,
[... What We Need Stuff ...]

I have thinking about branding. Local market DVD's like the US marketing
will need to comply with both LO guidelines, US/Canadian product
labeling, and purely local needs. What I was thinking about is what are
the mandatory branding elements for LO worldwide and how would a
localization team (Spanish, French, etc) get approval for their design.
For example if we had worldwide brand template that had the required
elements already included, the localization teams could concentrate on
local needs and issues. The approval process could be informal or formal
as we decide, I prefer a semi-formal process. Designs would be posted
for comments from interested parties and revised if necessary. After the
redesign is approved by consensus of the interested parties it is
released. For example, my Spanish is miserable and my French is slightly
better, so I would not comment on purely local items for those teams.

Two thoughts about that. First, thanks for these thoughts ... this is
the stuff that really needs to be detailed. It would be great if you
could help here.

Second, there has been an interesting discussion at the marketing list
about pre-approved design elements. Since I don't know whether you are
aware of that, could you please have a look whether that fits?
http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing@libreoffice.org/msg02863.html

@ Bernhard, any further thoughts?

Cheers,
Christoph

I think my ideas were partially marketing and partially design. The
marketing aspect is the need to project a consistent image adapted to
the local community. The design issue is what are the boundaries for the
marketing teams and how do they get approval of their local
customizations. Having worked in the US for a German company, I am aware
there are differences in the local requirements that must be obeyed. We
had to adapt our German parent's materials before for legal and
linguistic reasons. My thoughts are that certain elements are always
present and  the text and slogans are adapted or written for the local
area.
--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier@gmail.com