Hey Ricardo,
     * What happens for different objects with the same properties
       dialog? For example, the user edits "Text Style 1" and does some
       changes.

Well, right now this is not possible: when you open the first dialogue
everything else in the UI gets immediately locked so you need to edit
one style at a time.
So the question is: do we want that when the "accept but not close"
button/behaviour is used the dialogue become temporary modal? IMHO,
this would not be a good idea because to have a dialogue that behave
as modal or not modal depending on what you previously did will cause
confusion, "accidents" and headaches.
I don't think it should ever be modal. Although I admittedly couldn't
quite follow the scenario when it would and would not be modal.

I think that we must keep the fact that when you select an object and
a property you cannot select another object without closing the
property, specially when talking about styles.
It is true that this might be confusing at times. Especially when you
are using a notebook, and you accidentally touch the touchpad while
typing. Yet, I think that maybe a relatively large caption directly
under the title bar could maybe proclaim which style/image/etc. you
are currently setting properties for. This would of course not
eliminate the problem of accidently clicking elsewhere (which
ultimately is a touchpad driver problem), but it would at least be
likely to alert people that they are.
Such a change would probably necessitate taking the name of the style
out of title bar (otherwise the title bar would always change and
there would be a duplication -- which probably looks silly).
Another idea would be to paint the paragraph(s) in question as
selected or having an outside glow, when a value is currently edited.

On direct formatting for graphical objects could make sense to have a
non modal dialogue, though.
In this case it might be more commonly accepted, because images are
usually large rectangular objects and, even without a caption in the
dialog, you notice easier if something is not selected anymore.
However, images can also be small, and graphical objects in general
can even be very short lines. In this case you won't notice so easily.
Again, a slight outside glow might help here. (I don't think it should
be too much though, otherwise the graphical might not be recognisable
anymore.)

Do you think this is a somewhat satisfactory solution that avoids headaches?

Astron.