Hi Crew!

I've just spent several hours trying to solve this problem and delved deeper into transparency settings in vectors files than I knew existed (it gets VERY deep) and created more than 10 files which produce varying degrees of failed transparency. I'll keep at this tomorrow, but I've updated the problem section with the problematic SVG as well as a link to a pristine Illustrator file;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Motif#Alpha_problem

And in answer to Christopher, I wouldn't usually burden this list with proprietary formats like PSD and AI but this is a special circumstance. Besides, the /tool/ isn't important, it's the contribution that counts, not the vendor. I'm pretty sure the developers wouldn't turn down a script written using Aptana rather than Eclipse =)