2011/3/19 Irmhild Rogalla <irmhild.rogalla@institut-pi.de>:
good idea.
I know and use the navigator, because I used go-OO for a long time, it's
very useful.
I like your improvement, but for me it seems to be better, if the levels
have the same (small) font size. Because my experience is, that in most
times, I used the navigator, there are really a lot of levels and so I need
(all) the place for the headings.
Furthermore: In most technical and science documents special heading
numbering is used (like 1. - 1.1 - 1.1.1 - 1.1.1.1 and so on) so the levels
are easy to distinguish without different formatting styles.

Good point! In an ideal situation this should be configurable, though:
for my part I like the formatting more, specially for those situation
on which numbering is not used ;)