Hi Bernhard, hi Nik, all!

I'd like to second Bernhard's "Thank you!", since you take care of this
topic!

Am Sonntag, den 27.02.2011, 22:36 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
[...]

Nikash Singh wrote:
[...]
*What we need now is ideas, about the concept/theme/perception that
should be communicated in the motif.
If you think visually feel free to add graphic ideas, but right now,
text is more useful before pen goes to paper.
One-word concepts would be just as useful as descriptive text.

At the moment, I'm thinking about both a "large scale motif", and a
"details motif" (to be used with stock photographs or within rather
plain areas). I've started to play with Inkscape, but I lack the skills
to provide a reasonable mockup ... maybe a bit later.

Concerning the details motif - I'm still thinking about the triangles
that equal the document symbol edge. Those triangles can form a
repeating pattern that is altered by using filled triangles and
"randomly positioned" triangle contours.

The pattern can be used positively (e.g. hiding parts of the
background), or negatively (e.g. showing parts of a otherwise hidden
background element).

The pattern may also be adapted by applying a color / transparency
gradient, or by removing some triangles to e.g. realize some kind of
"wave". The latter one can also be achieved/emphasized by
non-homogeneous color for the pattern.

Okay, I'll try to come up with some graphics within the next days ...

[... skipping some very good points by Bernhard and others, because of
lack of time ...]

Same from my side - we should be open to any idea (even if I mention
that I already start to compare and combine the visual examples with
our present branding - I'll try to avoid this...)

What we should add to the motif page are the examples used already:

- the single triangle (like the bullet points on the website)
- the grouped fading triangles in the left upper and right lower corner
 (from the start center)
- Paulo's idea of five colored triangles sticked together in a vertical row
 (on his light banners in the donate button)
- outer border with rounded corners and cut-off right upper corner
  (don't know if this really qualifys as motif, but it has an impact on the
   general visual impression)
 ... any others?

Thanks for the nice collection - "close to motif" had been used for the
presentation template. The outline of the triangles in the
background ...
http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/10/libreoffice-presentation-template-first.html

There is one item which is even less a motiv, but repeated throughout
many of the graphics for the software: a non-symmetrical circular color
gradient, and some linear gradients in the "header" and "footer". An
early version:
http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/11/libreoffice-33-artwork-improvements.html

Cheers,
Christoph