Hi Tobias, *

I already marked three of your mails as to-be-replied, but I didn't have enough time...

So just a very short remark after I add my welcome greetings - it's great that you found the way to our group and start working here!

Tobias Bernard schrieb:
hi

thanks for the inkscape palette, very useful;)

but still didn't understand what's going on about tango.
will this palette be replaced by the tango palette?

I still don't really know what Jan (Kendy) wanted you to do on the icons.

As developer he might have some insight in necessities we here don't know about. But changing the LibO palette to Tango is no option unless we know about the reasons.

We want to share our main graphical elements - our visual identity among all the platforms where LibreOffice runs, so it is not our goal to have different iconsets for Windows, Linux and Mac.

It might be an option to modify glance, light source and shading to fit better with the platform specific guidelines, but our colors will stay at least for a few months.

You might have not read the wiki page about our branding, describing that we had to establish a "Initial Branding" (including Logo, Icons and Color palette) in quite a short time, while we want to start working on a even more interactive and collaborative basis with the "Community Branding" when the main structures have been established and the most urgent graphical needs have been satisfied.

At this time we will work on the entire branding - and there are proposals for new logos and icons already collected on the wiki. I'm quite sure that we'll have a look at the color palette too (we already thought of using the Tango palette as our basis, but Tango is going to rework their guidelines and the present is not compatible with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, so we stayed with our own).

So even if you would start with new or modified icons with or without another color palette, this would most probably be part of the future Community Design development and not become integrated in the present "Initial Design".

What we would need (if I understand Kendy right) are icons in 22x22 px size - we should add this size to the source file.

Best regards

Bernhard