Hi all,

Together with Paolo I am fighting my way through the 'fields' dialogue in
writer in order to find a more usable solution for it.

While we make good progress and hope to have understood most of the dialogue
some questions remain - perhaps you can help?

- How is the 'database' tab supposed to work? (and would you suggest to fit it
into the structure?)

- How does the 'DDE Field' dialogue work? (and is it still needed? - I read
something about outdated technology)

- Do you agree with removing 'Execute Macros' and 'Combine Characters' from
the dialogue? (As they are no fields and do not belong here)

- Do you have any good reasons why 'Input field' is needed and shouldn't be
substituted by the corresponding 'variable', resp. 'user field' dialogue?

- Do you have any suggestions for improvements of the supposed structure?

You can find the current state of work on my wiki page [1] and you are invited
to use it as a wiki too.

All wording is provisional. Structure is not. Send me a personal mail if you
want to work on the original mindmapping file (created with freemind [2]). I
am not allowed to upload the file (.mm) to the wiki :(

Looking forward to your comments!

Cheers,
Björn

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Bjoern