Hi Bernhard and Mirek,

Thanks for the comments.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Bernhard Dippold <
bernhard@familie-dippold.at> wrote:

high contrast; if people like the proposal I will try and do them tomorrow.

I think we need to get the symbols right at first, then we should implement
them in the different icons.

Agreed.  I thought I might try my hand at simplified high contrast icon but
will wait until later.

(Especially as we switched the template and document icons - what has not
been implemented in the source files uploaded.

http://picasaweb.google.com/JaronBaron/LibreOffice#5561372495654980738

 Thanks for stepping in - even today I spent some more time on this icon,
but I didn't find a better approach...

There are three minor points I want to mention concerning your draft:

1. As the heavier items are in the upper area of the symbol it doesn't look
very balanced. Even if I don't like to copy the ODF icons, perhaps we should
move the rectangle up and the triangle / circle down.

Hmmm, yes I see that now.  I was attempting to keep your circle/triangle
symbol for the small icon since it looks quite good.  Maybe Christoph will
play with the balance otherwise I may move stuff around.

2. I have a minor problem with the rectangle with handles lent from the ODF
icons:

Draw doesn't use round handles - and a rectangle has eight square handles.

Polygons can be drawn with one handle on each corner, so you can create a
rectangle with four of them - or a trapezoid, if it fits better with the
overall design.

Yes... I realize this is an issue.  I feel like this came up before with the
universal odf icon format.  I think even though its not representative it
may be universally understood.  We could alternatively switch them to
rectangular handles but I think having 8 would be excessive.  That being
said, I am not terribly attached to it so I won't really expend energy
defending its use.  I will think of some other subject for the icon.

3. I don't know if the white fill inside the triangle doesn't look too
harsh - did you try the light yellow? (But this might be less visual, when
the icons are switched to the lighter background).

Agreed.  That was a mistake on my part, more of an artifact left over from
some experimentation.  It looks better as a see-through object or as a light
yellow.

Cheers,
Jaron