Hi Christoph, all,

when I finally started working on the icons again, I got a few questions we should solve:

Christoph Noack schrieb:
[...]
* Graphical Design *

My changes address most of my concerns I've stated in one of my last
mails, so here some summary:
       * Slightly larger icons in general

Your icons are broader by keeping the height.

This means that we will have to decide, if larger icons (from 32x32px) will keep the relation of the 16px icons (now 14:16 in width:height) or the relation from the TDF symbol (13,2:16). My icons have been 13:16, allowing to have a middle line on the sub-application symbols.

       * Larger and more detailed document/application symbols

Did you already create some of them?

If not, what do you think about the following ideas (just repeating some of them):

Writer: an image of a mountain behind a sea at the right upper corner

Calc: a chart in the right lower corner

Impress: a detailed slide (header, sub-header, a few bullet points and a chart?)

Draw: a floor plan with measurements

Base: a relational database model

Chart: two or three different charts along with a small table

Math: more mathematical symbols (integral, root, log ?)

MasterDoc: 4 miniaturized Writer icons

Macro: two gear wheels, a macro structured text window

Details should only be present on 128px and 256px, perhaps somehow reduced in 64px.

I don't know how much I can work on them, but perhaps someone else has similar / different ideas and is willing to join in?

       * Template icons now feature some "college block binding"

I like these binders, they have to be created in detail for the larger icons.

For the small 16px icons I prefer Jaron's smaller binding because they seem to be a bit better to discriminate.

       * Some more icons (Chart, Printer Setup, Installer, ...)

Thanks for them.

By the way: Are you sure, that we need templates for Base?

They are not contained in the ODF definition (v. 1.2), where we can find other template mime types that might come one day (Chart, Math, Writer/web):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1.html#a_Appendix_C_
(huge page, long loading, not moving to Appendix C)

Best regards

Bernhard