Hi Björn,

Björn Balazs schrieb:
Hi all,

following the icon discussion for only a couple of I days, I don't know the
main intention for the icon design.

The present design is meant to replace the OOo galaxy icon theme included in LibO until now.

We want to provide our own icons in LibO 3.3.0 so people don't think LibreOffice is just an old-fashioned version of OpenOffice.org, because it contains the icons OOo used only until version 3.2.0.

As we already released the first release candidate for LibO 3.3.0 time is extremely short: We probably don't have much more than a few days to create our own icon set and include it in the package.

There will very likely be a second release candidate, but nobody knows, if we need a third one...

Therefore we decided to create an "initial icon set" that should be replaced by a "community icon set" for LibO 3.4 or LibO 3.5.

This version will be discussed thoroughly - like the "community branding design" that will replace our present "initial branding design" at the same time.

For the community design your idea of an icon test will probably be considered - for the time being we don't have enough time...

If you would like to understand what users like and understand best, I can
offer that we conduct an icon test [1] with a set of icon suggestions.

Best regards

Bernhard