On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Algot Runeman
<algot.runeman@verizon.net> wrote:
On 07/15/2014 02:58 PM, Dick and Jill Miller wrote:

Thanks, Algot:

Would you please forward this message to your friend at the LibreOffice
office? :-)

*waves*

Hi, I'm one of the LibreOffice folks that hangs out with Algot. I'm
currently chilling at gate C20 at Logan, hoping that my flight doesn't
get canceled. Joel would say that an airport/hotel is my stereotypical
'LibreOffice office'  :-)

I just checked. We display a LibreOffice banner that is stored on our own
server here and is named "LibreOfficeBanner_180x60.jpg". It was downloaded
from your public set, and was last modified early in 2011.

The recommended banner is nearly twice those dimensions. Is there a
recommended one that's 180x60 pixels, instead? Also, what is the actual
difference, please? I didn't notice one immediately.

Sure, sure -- here's one that's pretty close (200x59 pixels)
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_external_logo_200px.png

If you need something specifically to fit 180x60, ImageMagick can help
you resize down:
convert Incoming-logo.png -resize 180 -gravity center -extent 180x60
logo-output-blah_180x60.png

(I think I got those ImageMagick switches in the right order...easy to
see if the centering and cropping passes the sniff test.

        Co-Leader, FOSS User Group at Natick Community-Senior Center
<http://millermicro.com/FOSSUserGroupNatick.html>

Neat, neat -- you should attend one of our LibreOffice US Community
Meetings at some point and tell us about what's going on in your neck
of the woods with Free Software and LibreOffice!

Natick is pretty close to Boston, right? I don't know if Algot has
mentioned it to you yet, but we're holding a LibreOffice hackfest in
Boston the weekend after this one (July 26-27):
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2014/US_Summer_Hackfest

As this is one of our first US events, it's going to be a little
small, but we're hoping to build up to bigger things in the future :-)

If you or one of your friends in the Natick group would like to
attend, we'd love to have you. We'll be providing free food...free
T-shirts... and an opportunity to write code, fix bugs, create new
sticker designs, and more!

Cheers,
--R

--