On Wednesday, January 18, 2012 04:06:28 PM webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
On 01/18/2012 02:26 PM, upscope wrote:
On Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:58:24 PM drew wrote:
Howdy,

Well, someone decided that the English website should go dark
today..I guess if you are reading this you know why.

I would like encourage you to follow your own feelings on this.
IMO it's a good time, if you haven't done it before, to send
your congressman and or senators an email. (My personal
experience is that it's much better do it yourself, don't use
one of the canned services..)

The vote in the congress isn't happening till the 24th, so you
have time..

Best wishes,

//drew

Drew I have to dis-agree with people not wanting to pass these
bills. My wife is aself publiched ebook author and at least 5
illegill sites have stolen her books and are giving them away or
charging less. This reduces her income significantly.

Maybe the bill news to be tuned to not step on peoples free
thoughts, but definately should protect writer, author, etc. But
noing our so called representatives I wonder what they are really
after, probably more loss of our freedoms.

Just my biased thoughts.

Use Whois to find out who carries these sites and they are required by
law in most countries to shut these sites down or remove the illegal
content from their sites.  No site carrier wants to be held liable
for $100K in damage claims you can get them for.  If the sites are
hosted my a home-based server system, the broadband access company is
required to stop their access/services.  There are working laws to
help protect you wife's e-books and shutting down these sites.

We need to make the net safer and better, without creating privacy
issues and reduce the freedom of speech.  If it come down to a local,
regional, federal government shutting down or filtering content just
because they do not like it, then that violates the Freedom of Speech
laws that many countries have.  China and other contries like that do
not want their people to have access to the truth as seen by the
out-of-country media and on the net.

If we start losing our freedoms and privacy, then our countries slowly
will treat us like China and North Korea treats their people.  Sure,
remove pirated e-books and such using the law, but do not remove the
good to get rid of the bad.  There has to be better ways.

I wasn't suggesting removing the good. I'd just like to have them
blocked, if possible. Several of the sites sre in Nigeria who is all
ready known for the spamming  and skims. I think one of them is in
Russia.

As for your last paragraph I think were headed that way anyhow, ths
would just be another step closer.  It will take alot of man power to
impliment the proposed laws, etc and I feel the people breaking the law
would just find another way.

--
Russ