On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press
IF I can get some needed info, I could try to join the conversation Thursday
eve, but without the info on how to set up the software, I am out of luck.
> From a previous message on April 26th, same thread subject...
Kracked webmaster...if you find this useful, please add to wiki. I'm
getting ready for LinuxFest NW, day-of-the-event manager, also
supporting LibreOffice exhibit at the Fest, so IRC client
documentation is a ways down on the priority list.
"Just set up a chat account in Opera 11.10. Hard to imagine anything
would be much easier. Step-by-step account setup. The only thing that
might be an obstacle is that Opera insists on downloading all 29000+
rooms, which takes a while. There's a button to join a conversation
(once it's published here). Searching for "tdf" located that channel."
Now...in more detail...
1. If you don't already have Opera, download it from www.opera.com and install
2. In the menu, select "mail and chat accounts"
3. Create an account
4. What type? - Chat (IRC)
5. Fill in your name and email address
6. Make up a Nick - preferably something that is slightly oddball that
is not already in use...krackedwebster
7. Choose network from dropdown-Freenode for your location
9. Opera will churn, looking for 29000+ possible channels
10. Search for documentfoundation (the IRC channel)
11. As of right now, it is not on the list, so click "Add"
12. enter documentationfoundation as room
13. Close the dialog. You'll be in the room
What further information do you need?
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/us/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy