On Thursday, April 21, 2011 06:41:50 AM Carl Symons wrote:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:05 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
Hi,

Just thinking that there hasn't much information on LFNW, coming up
next weekend.

Any news from the great North West area?

Thanks

Drew

Dona, Andy and I have been pulling things together. Things look good
so far. Andy rounded up some printed materials and t-shirts for booth
staff. It's too early to get into specifics much beyond LibreOffice
having a presence in the exhibit; student volunteers were assigned
just yesterday (4/20) and there has not been an opportunity for much
scheming. Maybe videos (following your lead, Drew), airplane
contest...Dona and the volunteer team will be working out these
details.

LibreOffice will be one of the prime demos in the Tutorium
(http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/sessions/tutorium).

This is the 12th LFNW and the largest ever. It's truly open.
Registration optional. No admission. Hard attendance count is not
available ahead of time, and is a reasonably good guess after the
Fest.

A big party/gathering/job fair has been added Friday evening before
the Fest (http://tagnw.org/technight). Saturday and Sunday are loaded
with presentation goodies
(http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/schedule).

Free admission after party on Saturday with beer provided by
LinuxAutomation.org; they also have a day-long exhibit "Free (as in
speech) brewing (as in beer)"...brewing with Linux
(http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/sessions/free-speech-brewing-beer)

If you're going to be anywhere on the US West Coast and you're into
F/OSS, Bellingham (and linuxfestnorthwest.org) is the place to be.

Carl
Thanks Carl. next weekend will be out for me. Our Local Lions Club
supports the HydroPlane races that weekend. I have all ready volunteered
to help there.

Are there other events through out the year, like a users group. I live
in Moses Lake, WA. Been using OpenOofiice and now LibreOffice since my
distro switched to it ( openSUSE 11.4 Linux).

Thanks again for the reply