> Hi Guys,
>
> I wanted to propose to reconsider the preparation of the DVD for the
> countries of Central America and South America.
>
> I think the best way would be to build a DVD that includes
> Spanish-speaking countries or (LatinoAmerica which includes the
> Portuguese of Brazil). You can see here a list of all the countries to
> which I refer + Brazil if you decide to be LatinAmerica.
>
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanoam%C3%A9rica
>
> And if we continue the Americas DVD then we should integrate languages
> like French, Portuguese English and Spanish as they are the 4 languages
> that dominate the region. (No divide in North America, Central America
> or South America)
>
> What they do not agree to exclude a language is as important as a DVD
> Portugues Americas as I understand you want to do so far, in this case
> would have to It excludes the French language in Canada and I think that
> it is not you want.
>
> In any case, I apologize for my insistence on these issues that I think
> are often important.
>
> Greetings.

Hi Daniel:

Thanks for posting your note.

Just in case you misunderstood, the initial project was for a "North American DVD" with English; Spanish and French-Canadian support on the disk. With the interest we received from some Spanish members we thought that we could easily include the Central and South American support. This could be easily done because we were already including Spanish on the DVD.

The reason for not including Portuguese support (at this point) is that BrOffice, who are our partners in LibreOffice, have already support for Brazil. I have already contacted a member of BrOffice off-list and also informed the BrOffice members of the "Americas DVD" project on the Marketing list[1].

At this point, we are just waiting for opinions from BrOffice members on the project. They may simply decide to leave the Americas DVD project as is, which would have just the Portuguese files and do their own DVD for Brazil. Please note that even if we were to not offer Portuguese as one of the supported languages, that the dictionaries/help/language files will still be on the DVD should anyone need these files.

We are still at the point of discussion and the DVD, at this point, is still being tested in English before adding support for the other main languages.

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentation.libreoffice.marketing/2562