On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 20:43 -0800, Carl Symons wrote:
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:35 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 23:10 -0500, drew wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 18:58 -0800, Carl Symons wrote:
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 18:26 -0800, Carl Symons wrote:
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

I have not been to SCALE, but at LinuxFest NW, there are people around
who are unfamiliar with open source as well as even quite well known
applications. It can't be assumed that they have any knowledge beyond
"free stuff".

The new version looks good, balanced, colorful, informative.

Okie-doke - let's try this. (still needs a little fiddling to get the text below the icons in
exact alignment but good enough for a review

Alright - one more alternative. I rather like this one, doesn't mean it
can't be better of course.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a5/Dvd-label-scale9x_3.png

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a5/Dvd-label-scale9x_2.png

vs

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/a/a5/Dvd-label-scale9x.png

I get "Access Denied" on the last link; that's the one you sent
earlier. ...9x_2.png looks good. But ...9x_3.png looks better. The
effect of the text on path is catchy, but hard to read. ...9x_3.png is
easy to read. Has the information.

Reproduction and copying _are_ expressly permitted. Instead of "is".
How about taking the next bridge...

Reproduction and copying are
encouraged? Just an idea.

Yes, I like that better and will make that change. Thanks for the help,
it made a real difference.

Well, I think this is a good spot then to go ahead and submit number 3,
with the change above, to the design list for review - hopefully we can
just put this piece to bed and tomorrow start on the cover art.

//drew