On 1/25/11 10:15 PM, drew wrote:

Well, most of what I've seen today in the media was a rehash of TDF PR,
till I found the first real review - PC World, Business Center blog.

Hi Drew, I will write to the editor explaining why we are not talking about the cloud on our web site.

In any case, I do not think that we will be able to get only positive coverage, at least until we will be able to establish good relations with all US media.

It is a risk we have to face. In general, the sentiment is positive, and this is just the starting point.

Unfortunately, we came from a background where Sun was not able to create the right environment for OOo, for a number of reasons it is useless to comment today.

I have handled most of the US contacts by myself, but I will share them all with the US community because I think that in the future US editors will want to get in touch with US based people.

By the way, a big thanks to Ben, who has contacted LifeHacker and got the press release covered.

I will always support the US community. I have supported the creation of a US marketing list, and I think that we have just scratched the surface of what we can achieve looking forward.

Please share your thoughts. I need them, because they help me in being more effective in your geography.

Ciao, Italo

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: italo.vignoli@documentfoundation.org