Making LibreOffice remarkable.

I want to discuss the idea that LibreOffice is not new software, nor is it ground-breaking in terms
of features or user interface. LibreOffice is way behind its competitors in market share. Most of
the reviews that I have read say this to be so.
According to LockerGnome.net “ Openoffice, LibreOffice, Koffice, etc. vs. Microsoft Office” on
December 25th, 2010 “People use Microsoft Office for a variety of reasons. MS Office is more widely
used in the workplace, and so some people have no option. Some people are in school/college, and
they are forced to use it.

I personally like iWork better, because you can make a really polished presentation using Keynote.
It's Office done better.

Now you may be asking, "Open Office is compatible with .doc and .docx files. Why should I pay for
MS Office?" Well, Open Office does a fantastic job with it's price. It can read MS Office files,
but I've noticed that when I'm working on a PowerPoint presentation, Open Office will distort some
of the images, or it will mess up some of the text.

I can't say that Open Office is bad, but I
prefer to use iWork.” By Catchatyou
Tom Maxwell said on December 25th, 2010 on the same sight; “I agree with what catchatyou said. I've
used Open Office before but really don't like it. First, it just doesn't look good but also it has
some missing features and has a lot of problems with messing up documents that I've opened in it.
Applications like iWork and MS Office are worth the cost.”

What others say

Gigom.com has stated that the TDF is clutching 1980's paradigm of the desktop Office Automation
software.

The problem with marketing today

Today I have pointed out a lot of negative press that is related to LibO. What can be done about it?

LibreOffice has a story and the story is what will make LibreOffice remarkable.
The United States only knows Microsoft Office. Lets tell them about LibreOffice stressing the
story. LibO is 100% organic software!
Accentuate the positive! DO NOT talk about the fact that it is free. Talk about the ODF.
According to Wilipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument_adoption) NATO with its 26
members (Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece,
Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the UK, and the USA) uses ODF as a mandatory standard
for all members.
What will be our FREE PRIZE?

What free prize will be include with the purchase of the LibO DVD? What prize will get them eager
to buy?

Please throw out some ideas?

Dave Johnson, USNFR
davefilms.us@gmail.com
6195496830
http://www.davefilms.us
(619) 335-5314
(619) 335-5314Dave Johnson DUNS number: 826989779

"Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send OpenDocument instead!
http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/";