[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website updates for upcoming 7.0 release
- Subject: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website updates for upcoming 7.0 release
- From: Mike Saunders <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:06:36 +0200
- To: Marketing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Website list <email@example.com>
Here are the updates I'm planning to make to the LibreOffice website on
the day of the LO 7.0 release:
1. Remove LO 6 banner from right-hand side of blog:
2. Change quote (currently about LO 6) on first carousel slider of front
3. Update https://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/
4. Update https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/new-features/ with the
LibreOffice 7.0 is our latest major release, with better performance,
improved compatibility, and many new features to boost your
productivity. Check out this video for an overview – and then scroll
down for more details...
Cutting-edge technology and compatibility
OpenDocument, LibreOffice's native file format, has been updated to
version 1.3. In addition, many improvements have been made to Microsoft
Office OOXML document compatibility - DOCX, XLSX and PPTX.
Geared towards your workflow
LibreOffice 7.0 includes various usability improvements. Bookmarks and
fields can now be protected to prevent accidental changes to them, while
bookmarks can be shown inline in text. The Navigator has many tweaks to
make it easier to work with, while handling of quotation marks and
apostrophe in several languages has been updates too.
Professional shine for your documents
New shapes galleries have been added: arrows, diagrams, icons and more.
Objects can have glow and soft edge effects, while semi-transparent text
is now supported. And thanks to the new Skia graphics engine, this is
all displayed with the best performance yet.
For a full list of new features in LibreOffice 7.0, see our release notes.
5. Also replace
that page with lo7_banner_hires.png
Mike Saunders, Marketing and Community Coordinator
The Document Foundation
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-website] Image cloaking on ~everything where we publish photos of actual people?