[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- From: "William Gathoye (LibreOffice)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:25:33 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 28/07/2020 13:23, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
> A bit of a tricky question lacking details.
> Who added the search box in there?
$ git blame
> Where can we see a diff of the changes in HTML and CSS?
$ git diff
> What is the reasoning behind the CSS changes?
$ git log
Thanks Ilmari for proving **again** that putting our websites in git is
needed and is a requirement in 2020. ^-^
Anticipating the comments, to the non-developers who will step in again
and answer to me on this thread that: "we don't need this as most
customizations are stored in database", I would answer that they clearly
have no experience in managing large scale websites or that maybe they
don't know that minimal working versions (i.e. settings) of databases
can be stored to git as well.
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice
Proud member of The Document Foundation
Member of LaMouette - French based association promoting ODF and LibreOffice
Consultant Technical Marketer at Collabora
Core Committer at Mattermost
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|[libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu||Mike Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu||Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website updates for upcoming 7.0 release
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] LibreOffice website, search box and menu