[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] IPv6 to IPv4 redirection from MirrorBrain
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] IPv6 to IPv4 redirection from MirrorBrain
- From: Guilhem Moulin <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 23:16:38 +0200
- To: William Gathoye <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 17:45:09 +0200, William Gathoye wrote:
> or is MirrorBrain smart enough to redirect connections established from
> an IPv6 src address *ONLY* to IPv6 capable mirror servers ?
The server can't know whether v6-connected peer is dual-stack or not.
Right now it assumes it is, so might indeed redirect to a v4-only mirror.
MirrorBrain has a bug report about that (with some code)
https://github.com/poeml/mirrorbrain/issues/161 about this, but there is
little upstream development AFAICT. I'm still looking at mirrorbits for
a candidate replacement.
Right now 66 of our 116 enabled mirrors have at least one AAAA record,
and the distribution varies between 40 and 60% between regions, so it
should be doable to exclude v4-only mirrors for v6-connected peers.
It's not always been the case.
However, my gut feeling is that most v6-connected peers are dual-stack,
and so far no one has reported this as a real issue. Personally I think
it's more useful to do that for TLS connections (redirecting TLS-connected
client to https:// mirrors). That's upstream issue #143 :-) There are
still quite a few countries without any TLS-capable mirror though.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|[libreoffice-website] IPv6 to IPv4 redirection from MirrorBrain||William Gathoye <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-website] IPv6 penetration statistics with LibreOffice downloads
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] IPv6 penetration statistics with LibreOffice downloads
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-website] IPv6 to IPv4 redirection from MirrorBrain
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-website] IPv6 penetration statistics with LibreOffice downloads