Re: [libreoffice-website] CMS requirements / suitability testing

Christian et al,

Another important factor is the maturity of the CMS platform and size of its community. A well-known CMS will take less time for community members to learn, since many will already be familiar with it.

Of the platforms mentioned so far in this thread, Drupal is the only name I recognized. Drupal is also used already for the OOo Extensions and Templates sites, so we know community members have expertise with it and that it serves our needs both in terms of features and scalability already.

With Drupal extensions, you can even publish the site to static HTML pages, though I don't see that as an absolute requirement at all--using memecached or similar technology will solve the scalability problem. Otherwise, Drupal meets all the other suggested requirements from your list.

Drupal is used by other major FLOSS projects, including Mozilla, Ubuntu, and of course, the large and active Drupal.org itself.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)