Il 06/02/2015 10:47, Robinson Tryon ha scritto:
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:48 PM, elcico2001 ??????? <elcico2001@yahoo.it> wrote:
Hello all,
I've noticed in the last days some wiki pages in the italian section have
been moved to new locations.
Do you mean pages such as
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/IT/Localizzazione/Info ?

yes, though that one was not moved.

I would ask please all users who work on the wiki to avoid doing so, as in
the italian localization team there are not so many people, and we don't
have time to update all links to those pages in other areas of the wiki/in
other documents.
Generally speaking, pagemoves on the wiki are safe because redirects
are automatically put in place. If we're going to have
language-specific sub-sections such as /IT, we should work on some
guidelines and document them on the wiki so it's clear how these
families of pages work.

Am I wrong, or any page under /IT should be supposed to be part of the documentation of the IT (italian) localization team? Well if redirects are automatically put in place, maybe something went wrong...

So please.. let the italian l10n team manage the italian wiki section, thank
you!
While I'm at this... always waiting for a real multilanguage wiki, with
subdomains for each language (already requested at least 2 years ago)
I believe the latest plan I heard for a multilingual wiki is to use
the Translate extension:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate

How would subdomains work for different language teams?

with subdomains it's much easier to have the english pages localized; and members of each team can add what they want if a page is missing in the main (english) section.
Just look at how wikipedia works...
With the wiki used in the current method it's just a real mess; at least that's my opinion.

  Do we have
some plans to keep such pages up to date?
I'd love to see if we could have some documentation about the QA Team
in Italian.

Best,
--R

This is one of the pages that were moved:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/IT/Localizzazione/Processo

It was moved to this other (wrong) location:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Help:Editing/it

The content of the first page had nothing to do with the second page.

Now this page (/Help:Editing/it) is under translation, (with the content of the corresponding english page); and I had to recreate the page IT/Localizzazione/Processo.

Hope it's clear now.
Thank you for your interest! :)
Namastè :)

--